95% Maximum Accelerated Benefit Riders Added Remembrance Life and Simplicity Index Life policies Available December 22 – see below for details
Remembrance Life Quotes for Mobile Devices – Now Available Click here and add this link to your favorites
ADDITIONAL CHANGES EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 22
- Remembrance Life available for sale in PA and WA; Critical Illness rider available with Remembrance Life in IL, MA, MN, and NJ; Terminal Illness rider available with Remembrance Life in MA
- Simplicity Index Life caps and participation rates to decrease:
- Indexed Account A cap = 11.0%
- Indexed Account B participation = 60.0%
- Fixed Account interest rate = 4.0%
- Simplicity Index Life illustrated rates will be updated
ACCELERATED BENEFIT RIDER DETAILS
Accelerated Benefit Riders offer the option to advance up to 95% of the death benefit in the event of a serious illness. The death benefit is reduced by the accelerated amount, however the actual payout is discounted based on the client’s condition and life expectancy, as well as partial repayment of any loans. Riders include:
Critical Illness – may be used in case of diagnosis with a specified critical illness.
Chronic Illness Rider (Not available with Phoenix Remembrance Life) – may be used in case of inability to perform at least 2 of the 6 activities of daily living (ADLs) or severe cognitive impairment.
Terminal Illness Rider – may be used in case of a life expectancy of 12 months or less.